Date of last adaptation: 20/02/2020
We understand that your trust in us is the most important capital of Geodynamics NV (hereinafter referred to as “GeoDynamics, “we” or “us”). Therefore, your privacy is also of the utmost interest to us. This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as “Privacy Statement”) applies to, among others (i) our website https://www.geodynamics.be (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) and (ii) all (commercial) relationships between GeoDynamics and its clients, prospects and business partners.
GeoDynamics wishes to emphasize that it is always trying to act in accordance with (i) the Belgian Privacy Law of 30 July 2018 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and/or (iii) the (future) Belgian legislation regarding the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation.
This Privacy Statement contains, among other things, information about the personal data that GeoDynamics collects, as well as how GeoDynamics uses and processes this personal data. Visiting the Website, appealing on our services, subscribing to the newsletter and/or for a course/workshop/seminar, as well as any communication with GeoDynamics implies your express consent (by means of communication of your personal data or opt-in) to the Privacy Statement and thus to the way in which we collect, use and process your personal data.
- Types of personal data
GeoDynamics can collect and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Home address
- Email address
- Company name
- Telephone number (fixed line/mobile phone/personal)
- Profession or function within the company (optional)
- Company address
- User name
- Information regarding the use you make of the Website and the platform of GeoDynamics (such as but not limited to an IP address)
- All other personal data that is voluntarily transferred to GeoDynamics (for example during correspondence)
GeoDynamics also collects data automatically regarding the use you make of the Website and/or the platform. In this way, GeoDynamics will, for example, automatically log which parts of the Website and/or the platform you visit, which web browser you use, and which website you visited when you gained access to the Website. We cannot identify you on the basis of this data, but it lets GeoDynamics compile statistics regarding the use of the Website or the platform.
- Method of collecting personal data
This personal data is collected respectively in the context of:
- Requesting a demo / free demonstration
- Requesting a brochure / information documents
- Requesting a quote
- The participation in an event where GeoDynamics is responsible for certain services (such as track and trace, time registration, etc.)
- Visiting the Website
- The use you make of the GeoDynamics services (whether or not through the platform)
- The subscription to the newsletter
- A service request (planning, hardware and software problems)
- The enrolment in a course / workshop / seminar
- The completion of the contact form
- Correspondence with and outgoing from GeoDynamics ( such as via the chat on the Website and the platform of GeoDynamics, by phone, via email)
- Applying for an open position or making a spontaneous application
- Participation in contests
- The exchange of business cards
- Verification of your identity (ex. when you call GeoDynamics support or for recovering your password).
The personal data collected by GeoDynamics is, therefore, expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
- Use of personal data
GeoDynamics can make use of your personal data for:
- The preparation of a quote (and sending it)
- The creation and sending of (temporary) login data in the context of events where GeoDynamics is responsible for certain services (such as track and trace, time registration, etc.)
- Visiting the Website
- Calendar planning to give a demonstration
- Establishing contact after a request / vacancy via the website
- Contacting the winner(s) of a contest
- Follow-up after a meeting or of the agreement with GeoDynamics
- Confirming enrolment in a course / workshop / seminar
- The execution of the agreement
- Answering questions (whether or not asked via the chat on the Website and the platform of GeoDynamics / the contact form / service request)
- The delivery of support
- Sending targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Sending invoices, packages, invitations and the collection of payments
- Optimizing the quality, management and the content of the Website and/or the platform
- The drafting of statistics
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys, other surveys and market studies
Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement with GeoDynamics or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which GeoDynamics is subject
- Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by GeoDynamics or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data (in particular when you are a child).
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties
GeoDynamics will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless it is necessary for the provision of the services by GeoDynamics and the optimization thereof (such as but not limited to database management, sending newsletters, bookkeeping services and processing payments). In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to payment providers, software providers, intra-group companies (such as Geodynamics’ parent company), accountants and cloud partners.
GeoDynamics undertakes in any case to conclude a data processing agreement with these third parties, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding the confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
However, without prejudice to the preceding, it is possible that GeoDynamics discloses your personal information:
- To the competent authorities (i) when GeoDynamics is required to do so by law or in the context of a judicial or future judicial procedure and (ii) for the protection and defense of our rights;
- If GeoDynamics or virtually all of its assets are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data – the ones that GeoDynamics has collected – will be one of the transferred assets.
In all other cases GeoDynamics does not sell, rent or pass on your personal data to third parties, unless it has (i) obtained your consent and (ii) has concluded a data processing agreement with the third party concerned, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
- Storage of personal data
Unless a longer retention period is required or justified (i) by the law or (ii) by the observance of another legal obligation, GeoDynamics only retains your personal data during the period that is necessary for the achievement and fulfilment of the purposes, as described in the Privacy Statement under ‘use of personal data’.
- Your privacy rights
In light of the processing of your personal data, you enjoy the following privacy rights:
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data
- Right to delete your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’). (GeoDynamics wishes to point out that in this context certain services will no longer be accessible and/or can no longer be provided if you delete resp. request deletion of certain required personal data)
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data
- Right to transferability of your personal data
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights please contact email@example.com or complete the form for exercising your privacy rights and deliver it to GeoDynamics by email or post.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned form.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about our services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button, as provided at the bottom of each e-mail from GeoDynamics.
- Security of personal data
GeoDynamics endeavours to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions with a view to preventing (i) unauthorised access to your personal data, as well as (ii) loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
GeoDynamics will store all personal data that it has collected in the cloud (with datacentre(s) within the EU).
Notwithstanding (i) the security policy of GeoDynamics, (ii) the controls it carries out and (iii) the actions it takes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. No method of transfer or retransmission via the Internet nor any method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, GeoDynamics cannot guarantee absolute safety under these circumstances.
You can find more information about how we handle our data security on this page.
- Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside EEA to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under the adequacy decision enacted by the European Commission, shall be subject of one or more of the listed EU-approved safeguards:
- Closing a data transfer agreement with such recipient, which shall contain the standard contractual clauses, as referred to in the ‘European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)’; and/or
- Binding corporate rules; and/ or
- Certification mechanisms (such as but not limited to the EU-US Privacy Shield).
- Updates to the Privacy Statement
GeoDynamics is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website whereby GeoDynamics will indicate the revision date at the top of the first page of this Privacy Statement. As such, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the page displaying the Privacy Statement, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
- Other websites
The Website may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet source that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. GeoDynamics does not bear any responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet resources, nor about their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. You must check the privacy statements of these other websites and internet sources in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Legislation.
- Contact GeoDynamics
In case you have questions or comments about the Privacy Statement or the method by which GeoDynamics collects, uses, or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via the postal service: GeoDynamics NV, Dumolinlaan 9, 8500 Kortrijk, Belgium, to the attention of the DPO
If you are dissatisfied with the way, GeoDynamics has dealt with these questions or comments, or if you have any complaints about how GeoDynamics collects, uses, or processes your information, you can submit a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.