We understand that your trust in us is the most important capital of Geodynamics NV (hereinafter referred to as “GeoDynamics, “we” or “us”). Therefore, your privacy is also of the utmost interest to us. This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as “Privacy Statement”) applies to, among others (i) our website https://www.geodynamics.be (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) and (ii) all (commercial) relationships between GeoDynamics and its clients, prospects and business partners.
GeoDynamics wishes to emphasise that it is always trying to act in accordance with (i) the Belgian Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 for the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data, (ii) the EU Regulation from 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data concerning the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC and (iii) all current and future Belgian legislation regarding the implementation of this EU Regulation. This Privacy Statement contains, among other things, information about the personal data that GeoDynamics collects, as well as how GeoDynamics uses and processes this personal data.
Visiting the Website, calling on our services, subscribing to the newsletter and/or for a course/workshop/seminar, as well as any communication with GeoDynamics implies your express consent (by means of communication of your personal data or opt-in) to the Privacy Statement and thus to the way in which we collect, use and process your personal data.
Types of personal data
GeoDynamics can collect and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Home address
- Email address
- Company name
- Telephone number (fixed line/mobile phone/personal)
- Profession or function within the company (optional)
- Company address
- User name
- Information regarding the use you make of the Website and the platforms of GeoDynamics (such as but not limited to an IP address)
- All other personal data that is voluntarily transferred to GeoDynamics (for example during correspondence)
GeoDynamics also collects data automatically regarding the use you make of the Website and/or the platform. In this way, GeoDynamics will, for example, automatically log which parts of the Website and/or the platform you visit, which web browser you use, and which website you visited when you gained access to the Website. We cannot identify you on the basis of this data, but it lets GeoDynamics compile statistics regarding the use of the Website or the platform.
Method of collecting personal data
This personal data is collected respectively in the context of:
- Requesting a demo/free demonstration
- Requesting a brochure/information documents
- Requesting a quote
- The participation in an event where GeoDynamics is responsible for certain services (such as track and trace, time registration, etc.)
- Visiting the Website
- The use you make of the GeoDynamics services (whether or not through the platform)
- The subscription to the newsletter
- A service request (planning, hardware and software problems)
- The enrolment in a course/workshop/seminar
- The completion of the contact form
- Correspondence with and outgoing from GeoDynamics
- Applying for an open position or making a spontaneous application.
- Participation in competitions
- The exchange of business cards
- Verification of your identity (ex. when you call GeoDynamics support or for recovering your password).
The personal data collected by GeoDynamics is, therefore, expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Use of personal data
GeoDynamics can make use of your personal data for:
- The preparation of a quote (and sending it)
- The creation and sending of (temporary) login data in the context of events where GeoDynamics is responsible for certain services (such as track and trace, time registration, etc.)
- Visiting the Website
- Calendar planning to give a demonstration
- Establishing contact after a request/vacancy via the website
- Follow-up after a meeting or from the agreement
- Confirming enrolment in a course/workshop/seminar
- The execution of the agreement
- Answering questions (whether or not asked via the contact form/service request)
- The delivery of support
- Sending targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Sending invoices, packages, invitations and the collection of payments
- Optimising the quality, management and the content of the Website and/or the platform
- The drafting of statistics
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys, other surveys and market studies
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
GeoDynamics will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless it is necessary for the provision of the services by GeoDynamics and the optimisation thereof (such as but not limited to sending newsletters and processing payments). If in this context it is necessary for GeoDynamics to disclose your personal information to a third party, the third party in question is obliged to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
However, without prejudice to the preceding, it is possible that GeoDynamics discloses your personal information:
- To the competent authorities (i) when GeoDynamics is required to do so by law or in the context of a judicial or future judicial procedure and (ii) for the protection and defence of our rights;
- If GeoDynamics or virtually all of its assets are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data – the ones that GeoDynamics has collected – will be one of the transferred assets.
In all other cases GeoDynamics does not sell, rent or pass on your personal data to third parties, unless it has (i) obtained your consent and (ii) has concluded a data processing agreement with the third party concerned, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
Storage of personal data
Unless a longer retention period is required or justified (i) by the law or (ii) by the observance of another legal obligation, GeoDynamics only retains your personal data during the period that is necessary for the achievement and fulfilment of the goals, as described in the Privacy Statement under ‘use of personal data’.
Your privacy rights
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights, as defined below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following details are part of your privacy rights:
- The right of access to the personal data that GeoDynamics may have about you;
- The right to correct and to complete or update your personal data;
- The right to delete your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- The right to a restriction on the processing of your personal data;
- The right to transfer your personal data;
- The right to objection/opposition to the processing of your personal data.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the form mentioned above.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about our services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button, as provided at the bottom of each e-mail from GeoDynamics.
Security of personal data
GeoDynamics endeavours to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions with a view to preventing (i) unauthorised access to your personal data, as well as (ii) loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
GeoDynamics will store all personal data that it has collected in the cloud (with datacentre(s) within the EU).
Notwithstanding the security policy of GeoDynamics, the controls that it carries out and the actions that it takes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. No method of transfer or retransmission via the Internet nor any method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, GeoDynamics cannot guarantee absolute safety under these circumstances.
You can find more information about how we handle our data security on this page.
Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient who is domiciled or established in a country that is not covered by an adequacy decision, issued by the European Commission, will be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses, as stipulated in the ‘Decision of the European Commission of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)’, or (ii) any other mechanism under the privacy legislation or any other regulation concerning the processing of personal data.
Updates to the Privacy Statement
GeoDynamics is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by publishing a new version on the Website. It is strongly recommended that you consult the Website and the page on which the Privacy Statement is displayed on a regular basis to ensure that you are aware of any changes. The date of the latest change can be found on the Website and/or in the Privacy Statement.
In case you have questions or comments about the Privacy Statement or the method by which GeoDynamics collects, uses, or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- Via email: email@example.com
- Via the postal service: GeoDynamics NV, Dumoulinlaan 9, 8500 Kortrijk, Belgium
If you are dissatisfied with the way GeoDynamics has dealt with these questions or comments, or if you have any complaints about how GeoDynamics collects, uses, or processes your information, you can submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission.
Data last adaptation: 25/05/2018